Even kids can benefit from Omega-3 fatty acids but getting kids to eat fish can be an issue. Children’s Chewable Omega-3 softgels is an easy way to for kids to get the essential fatty acids they need. ϯ Below you will find knowledge and information to help you learn how adding multi vitamin supplement to the diet may support a child’s developing body.
- Supports healthy brain development ϯ
- 60 Chewable Softgels
- Gluten free
- Supports healthy brain development
- Contains high amounts of omega 3's EPA and DHA (50 mg EPA and 200 mg DHA per serving) from fish oil ϯ
- Softgels are soft enough to chew with a burst of Orange Crème flavor, or can be swallowed whole
- See Product Label/Supplement Facts (below) for additional details.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts or crustacean shellfish
Children’s Chewable Omega-3
The essential fatty acids EPA and DHA have been shown to promote healthy brain development in children. Though Omega-3 fatty acids can be obtained through the diet, the best source is cold-water fish and kids can be picky eaters. In order to get the same amount of EPA and DHA present in our supplement, a child would have to eat an entire 4 ounce can of tuna each day. Adding an Omega-3 supplement designed for children can help fill the nutritional gap. ϯ
Why this formula?
Most supplements contain less DHA than EPA but Children’s Chewable Omega-3 is just the opposite with four times the amount of DHA. Our supplement also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Vitamin E, also needed for a growing body. We have formulated our kids Omega-3 supplement in softgels – easy to chew and swallow, and great tasting. ϯ
Our supplements are guaranteed to be free of artificial flavors and colors, along with most common food allergens.
- For adults consider our unique Super Krill Omega 3, a uniquely concentrated softgel option to traditonal fish oil.
- Fish and fish oils intake is typically not recommended for women who are pregnant. DHA is, however, a critical supplement for everyone and especially when pregnant so we add DHA to our Pre-Natal Multi Vitamin.
Omega-3 fatty acids are “essential”, meaning that they must be obtained through the diet and cannot be manufactured by the body. These essential Omega-3 fatty acids are needed by the body to provide anti-oxidant protection and regulate cholesterol metabolism but one of the biggest things they do for children is to promote healthy brain development.
Omega-3 fatty acids are present in high levels in the brain and may be important for cognitive development (memory and processing) and behavioral development. Babies who don’t get enough Omega-3 fatty acids have shown to be at risk for developing nerve and vision impairment.
Deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids can cause symptoms such as fatigue, poor memory, mood swings, and depression. In children this may be seen as poor development and behavioral problems. Omega-3 fatty acid deficiency may also include dry skin, heart problems, and poor circulation. In addition to ensuring proper brain and nervous system development, Omega-3 fatty acids have also been used in children with Asthma, ADHD, Diabetes, and growth issues.
The term “Omega-3” actually refers to a group of essential fatty acids, with two of the most important being eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). In order to get the same amount of EPA and DHA present in our supplement, a child would have to eat an entire 4 ounce can of tuna each day. As an added benefit, we have also included Vitamins A, D, and E, all essential for a developing body – particularly the eyes, skeletal system, brain and cardiovascular system. ϯ
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.