Herbs & Botanicals
- Milk Thistle has been used for more than 2,000 years for the treatment of liver, kidney and gall bladder problems, its principal extract, silymarin may help protect the liver from toxins. ϯ
- Fennel Seed is considered to be a blood “cleanser” and has been used for a number of other health issues. ϯ
- L-methionine is an essential amino acid that may have benefits in restoring cellar function and may aid the liver in rebuilding after liver damage has occurred. It is also a precursor to SAM-e which may have liver protective effects. ϯ
- Artichoke Leaf is a “superfood” which is packed with phytonutrients, including a number of antioxidants which can help protect against liver damage and damage to other organs. ϯ
- Burdock Root, known in Japan as gobo, is similar to other root vegetables such as Jerusalem artichoke and parsnips. It has a number of antioxidants and has been used as a blood purifier and as an herbal remedy for liver complaints. ϯ
- Aloe Vera is one of the most widely used herbal remedy but few know if its benefit in the treatment of liver disorder. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and may help to remove toxins from the body to be excreted through the GI system. ϯ
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.